Effective Date: August 30 2022
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Some of the information we collect about you identifies you. If it identifies you, we call it “Personal Information.” Personal Information does not include any information that is publicly available or information that has been anonymized to the point where a specific individual or household cannot be identified from the remaining information. If we associate non-identifiable information with information that identifies you, we will treat it as Personal Information.
We only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you and for the purposes set forth in this Policy. The information we collect can come from information you provide, information we collect through automated means, and information we collect from other sources.
A. Information You Provide.
1. Profile Information. When you register on the Site, we will need to collect demographic and personal details about you. When you download and interact with us on the App, we will need to collect further details about you. The Personal Information you provide in the App may include the following:
● Personal details, including your name, address, email address, phone number, and date of birth;
● Demographic information such as age or gender;
● Transaction information, including payment details;
● Account information, such as your user name and the password you use to access our Services;
● University ID numbers;
● Vehicle ownership data; and
● Other Personal Information you choose to provide us when you interact with us.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the Personal Information that you submit. You can choose whether you provide Personal Information to us, but if you do not provide it to us, we may not be able to offer certain features of the Services.
2. Financial Information.
3. Other Information. When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question. Note that our ability to resolve your question could be dependent upon you disclosing the information we require.
B. Information We Collect Automatically.
1. Geospatial Information. Our App collects information about the exact location of your device on which you’ve downloaded the App by using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. You generally can disable the collection of this information in your device settings. Some of our Services may not work properly without information about your location.
2. Usage and Device Information. When you access our App or use our Site, we automatically /passively collect certain browser or device-generated information by using various types of technology (“Usage Information”). This information includes, but is not limited to:
● The type of mobile internet / Web browsers you are using.
● The manufacturer and model of your mobile device.
● Your mobile operating system.
● Device location by using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth or cell proximity.
● IP address or other device addresses and ID’s.
● Date, time and place of accessing our services.
● Information regarding your email message interaction, such as whether you have opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. You generally can disable the collection of information in your device settings. Some of our services may not work properly without information about your location.
4. Analytics. We may work with different companies that offer services that can assist us in better understanding how users interact with and use the Services. For example, we may use a product called Google Analytics by permitting Google to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand your use of our Services. Google and other analytics providers may combine information collected through our Services with information collected from third-parties to help us better understand you. They may also use information collected on our App and Site to help their other customers understand you better.
C. Information From Third Parties. We may, from time to time, supplement the information we have about you with information from third parties for various purposes, including to enhance our ability to serve you, to offer you opportunities that may be of interest to you, and to improve the performance of our ads.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. To Provide Services. We use your information to improve your experience and to deliver the Services you have requested. We will use your information to customize or personalize your experience with our App and to provide you with customer support. We may also use your information if we need to contact you about your relationship with us.
B. To Manage Our Business. We also use the information for our business purposes, which include the following.
● Planning and managing our activities, including marketing our App and the Site, delivering targeted advertisements, researching and analyzing your use of the App or your visits to the Site, tracking user behavior, and collecting feedback;
● To develop inferences about you;
● Administering our business, such as managing agreements with our suppliers;
● Monitoring aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors to our Site;
● Developing new features, functionalities, and services;
● Operating, evaluating, maintaining, improving, or developing our App and Site;
● Protecting and ensuring the safety of the Services, our confidential and proprietary information, and our employees;
● Managing, protecting against, and investigating fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of the Terms, laws or regulations;
● For internal recordkeeping purposes;
● Anonymizing your Personal Information for further internal and external uses in a manner that does not identify you; and
C. To Make Inferences. We may use any of the information we collect about you to develop inferences about you, including your interests and characteristics about you.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
A. To Provide Services. We may share Personal Information as necessary to provide our Services, complete a transaction, market the Services to you, or fulfill your requests. For example, we work with third party service providers to help us provide the Services and we may need to share your information with them so they can fulfill their obligations to us. We may share your information to monitor, improve, or better market our Services such as with third party cookie providers.
B. Sale of Personal Information and Targeted Advertising. After obtaining your consent, we sell and/or share your Personal Information with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes. We also sell and/or share your Personal Information with third-parties so they can market to you and so they can better deliver targeted advertisements to you. You may change your mind or opt-out of the sale or sharing of your information for these purposes. Please note that other parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when you use our Services. Please see the “Targeted Advertising” section below for more information.
C. To Manage Our Business.
1. Related Parties and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company.
2. Service Providers and Professional Advisors. We work with third party service providers to help us provide the Services and to assist us in operating our business. For example, service providers are used in areas such as email management and deployment, analytics, marketing, advertising, market research, identity validation, content distribution, customer service, payment fulfillment, logistics, website maintenance and data storage and security, and we share your Personal Information so they can fulfill their obligations to us. We may also share your Personal Information with our professional advisors such as our legal representatives or insurance brokers.
3. Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement. We will disclose your Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will also disclose your Personal Information to respond to a physical threat to you or others or to defend or assert legal rights of us or others. We may disclose your Personal Information to credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you.
4. Dispute Resolution. We will disclose your Personal Information as necessary to resolve disputes, inquiries or complaints. We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe you have violated our Terms.
5. Business Transfers. We may also share your information in the event we are transferred or sold to another entity as a result of a corporate sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
6. Other Sharing of Personal Information. We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect us or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend us against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES.
You are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your login information and password(s) and verifying that your Personal Information is accurate and current. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information on the Services that you make publicly available or what others do with information you share with them. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your use of the Services. Be aware that certain Personal Information and other information in connection with your use of the Services may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS.
A. Targeted Advertising. When you use our App, we may collect information about your activities with your consent, so that we can provide you with advertising tailored to your interests.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by contacting us to email@example.com, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website or the Network Advertising Initiative website. If you choose to opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your interests. Depending on the type and version of the operating system of your mobile device, you may also be asked whether to enable targeted advertising.
B. Marketing Communications and Commercial Email Opt-Out. When you create an account with us, unless you opt-out, we will use your email address to deliver digital communications from us or our advertisers or sponsors. When you communicate with us through any means such as chat or email, we may use your contact details for marketing communications. You can unsubscribe from email and other digital communications by following the instructions in the communication or by sending a request to us using the contact information listed below or through the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Site.
If you opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
With your consent, we may share Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
C. Applicable Law. Subject to applicable law, you may have different rights regarding our use of your information. For example, you may have the following rights:
● Right to request access to and to check what Personal Information we maintain about you;
● Right to request copies of your Personal Information;
● Right to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information;
● Right to have your Personal Information deleted;
● Right to request restriction of the collection, processing, or use of information about you;
● Right to request data portability;
● Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
● In some cases, the right to object to our processing of your information and to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information.
You can perform many of these actions by going back to the App, logging-in, and making the desired change.
When you request the deletion of your information, object or withdraw your consent to the processing of your information, we may not be able to provide all the features of the Services to you. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the Services from our servers.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact information listed below or through the Contáctanos provided at the bottom of every page of the Site. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Please see the Special Notice for California Consumers and Special Notice for International Users for more information about rights that apply to residents of certain geographic locations.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on a computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other device (each, a “Device”), which collect information about your activity, browser, and Device. A “web beacon” (sometimes referred to as pixels and tags) is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email, and is used to track activity.
We may use both session (for the duration of your visit) and persistent (for the duration of a fixed period of time) cookies and tracking technologies. A cookie does not provide us with access to your computer or to Personal Information beyond what you provide to us.
Some cookies are necessary to use the Services, and these cannot be disabled. Other cookies are not required to use our Services and may be disabled or deleted, but this may prevent you from properly using the Services. Most browsers allow you to adjust your cookie settings.
8. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURED.
We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. For example, when you enter Personal Information, we encrypt the transmission of that information.
Despite efforts to protect your Personal Information, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet may be intercepted.
If we learn of a security system breach, then we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing, and we will follow all applicable laws.
9. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. At any time, you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. See “Your Choices and Rights” for more information on how you can remove your Personal Information.
Even though you may make changes or request deletion of your Personal Information, we may retain all information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
10. SPECIAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS.
● Postal address
● Email address
● Telephone number;
● Online identifier (e.g., IP address)
● Bank account number, credit card number, debit card number and/or other financial information
● Driver’s license number / state ID;
● Electronic network activity (e.g., browsing history);
● Geolocation data
● Transaction information.
● Inferences used to create consumer profiles
C. Disclosures of Personal Information. As is common practice, within the past 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in Section A of this Additional Notice for California Consumers to vendors who provide services to us, in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business, and as otherwise provided in Section 3 (“How We Share Your Information”).
D. Sale of Personal Information. While we sell Personal Information, we do not sell Personal Information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties.
E. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
1. Right to Access and Right to Know Your Personal Information.You may have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
o the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
o the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
o our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
o the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
o the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
o the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information; and
o the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
2. Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You may have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
3. Right to Opt Out. You may have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. Select Do Not Sell My Info to be directed to an interactive form through which you may submit an online request to opt-out. To opt-out of collection of information by analytics, advertising, and social media partners, you can use our preferences management tool by contacting us here firstname.lastname@example.org, and also visit the opt-out tools provided by the Network Advertising Alliance and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
4. Right to Non-Discrimination.We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
● Denying you goods or services;
● Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
● Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
● Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
5. Requests to exercise your rights. You may request to exercise these rights by:
● Submitting a request email@example.com .
● Calling us toll-free at # (800) 402-6445
As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
6. Agent Authorization. You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
F. Do Not Track. Please note that our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
11. SPECIAL NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL USERS
If you do not consent to such transfer, you may not use the Services. If you choose to access and use the Services from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you are doing so on your own initiative, at your own risk, and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
B. Additional Disclosures for European Data Subjects. If we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), the legal bases for the processing of your Personal Information are:
● Processing is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
● Our prevailing legitimate interest to provide the Services, improve your overall customer experience and achieve the purposes set out above or in our Terms; and
● Processing is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations.
Certain users may be considered “data subjects” for whom the processing of Personal Information is subject to the GDPR or the UK GDPR (each, a “Covered Person”).
Covered Persons have the rights described in sections (1) through (4) below:
1. Right of access, rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing: You may obtain access to your Personal Information stored by us. If we process or use your Personal Information, we shall endeavor to ensure, by implementing suitable measures, that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date for the purposes for which it was collected. If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may obtain the rectification of such Personal Information. You may obtain the erasure or restriction of processing of your Personal Information in situations where no legitimate business purpose exists, or the further storage is unnecessary.
2. Right to data portability: You may receive the Personal Information that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format or transmit this information to another controller.
3. Right to object: You may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information. To the extent your Personal Information is processed for reasons other than direct marketing, you understand and agree that we have compelling legitimate reasons for information processing, such as providing access to our Services. You may use ad-blocking software to limit information capture and usage. Making a request does not guarantee that the request will be honored.
4. Right to withdraw consent: If you consented to the collection or processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. CONTACT US.